The Summit Complex seen from the highest point of the Great Orme, 679 feet above sea level. This building was constructed in 1909 as a golf club house to serve a nearby 18 hole golf course. It later became a hotel and during the Second World War was requisitioned by the RAF and used as a radar station. In 1952 the complex was bought by former World Middleweight Champion boxer Randolph Turpin and his partner Leslie Salts. Turpin sold the complex to Llandudno Urban District Council in 1961. Prior to this building, in the 19th century, the site used to house a semaphore station. Click here for more information.